Here is the room when I started.
I am going to take the time to apologize here for the pictures. It is teeny-tiny, small, like 4ft x 4 ft small room, so taking decent pictures is difficult with out the correct lens, which I don't have.
Well, here is the bathroom when we got the house. Very neutral in color, and sporting a lovely border, and angel theme. Not really my cup of tea.
I was dying to get the border down and get a fresh coat of paint on the walls. I did not have a specific color in mind when I was shopping for paint, I just wanted something light and sort of sandy in color. I thought I hit the oops paint jack pot, I bought what I thought was a light sand color, what I got was this....
I remembered the decals I got from Ikea ($2 for 2 packs) and thought I could use them in the bathroom to distract from the color...
I liked it. I went ahead and put up 2 more trees. Patted myself on the back and called it a day. I could work with this....
That is until they all started to peel off the wall. The combination of humidity and the texture of the wall was a deadly combination to the adhesive on the back of these decals. So, my solution now needed a solution.
Silhouettes, I like the look of silhouettes. I could just pick a color, paint over the decals, remove the decals and be left with a lovely silhouette of the trees. Off to Sherwin Williams, to get one of their Colors to Go. I selected a pretty green.
I have to apologize, that I don't actually have a picture to show you of the results. I was so dissapointed I didn't even take a picture. In a nutshell, it worked out, but the detested, hated color looked like crap under the pretty green.
So, I was put back into thinking mode. I decided to just paint in the image. I went to Home Depot got a Glidden paint tester and ran back home. I started to paint. It was a slow and tedious project.
The moral of the story, don't get discouraged. Just flip the script and think of a solution. It can work itself out in the end.
*not including the mirror, which I had a gift card for, so net result it was free to me.