I wish I could take all the credit for the work done, but I can't. I was lucky enough to have my Dad in town and her was able to get the framing done for me. Here is where we started a month ago...
So that is what we did.
After framing and getting the drywall up, my Dad left the rest for me. I was able to learn some new skills. I got some mud, taping and sanding done on the walls. I also installed some laminate flooring. I then moved on to some more familiar skills like adding shelves, trim and painting.
First, I should let you know that getting pictures of this space was quite a challenge. I did my best.
I decided to use red on the door to tie it to the front door (which is also red). It is a metal door and I have been known to post things to this door. I was thinking I could use it as another command center if I used chalkboard paint, however, in the end I thought it was more important for it to be linked to the other door.
We were also able to get a true broom closet in the space. (I posted more about the interior of the broom closet here.)
Have I mentioned how thrilled I am with the results. Here are some more beauty shots.
It was so worth living with the big hole for 9 months.