What I am going to do is go ahead and document my snails paced progress on the basement facelift. Every Monday, I will let you in on what I got done, (hopefully there will be something to report).
To get you up to speed (remember I have been working on this since January)...
The walls have been primed and painted, as well as the trim.
One of my big hangups, was the furniture placement. I have been wrestling with this for weeks. I think I have come up with a solution, that doesn't involve buying all new furniture. I need to relocate the TV to an different wall, and thing will fall into place. But now I have to thread the cable through the ceiling. Yep, that is another item to add to the list.
Last night I started another piece of the make over, a slip cover for the sleeper sofa.
Today, I am feeling like sewing, and there is a sale on the fabric I need to complete the project, so my next stop is the fabric store.
I wish I had more to share, but the reality is, this project is taking forever. I thought it maybe nice to truly document a project that is just not moving along. Sometimes, when having to do home decor on a budget, it takes a long time to get to the final A-ha moment. There are a lot of struggles and half finished projects. This is going to be one of them.
Wish me luck that I can share the sofa with you next Monday.