Yesterday I shared our basement facelift. Today I wanted to share some of the before and after images to show just how much had changed. In the end I think I touched everything except the carpet. No wonder it took so long.
When I see the side by sides, I am amazed at how different the rooms look. By changing the floor plan, lightening the walls and painting the ceiling it really expanded the space. I will spill a secret. It took many samples of white to find the right shade. Since there is no natural light in the basement whites really took on different casts in the space.
One of the other problems that bothered me was the "tile" by the back door.
Speaking of budget. This was a budget project, but I did splurge in some areas. OK splurge may be a stretch, but I went over my allotted budget and my comfort range on expenses. I wish I had kept better track, but I didn't. I did spend about $80 on the sofa, another $80 on the fabric for the chairs (although I did win the chairs themselves... score), around $120 for paint, $10 for pink chair slip cover, $15 for table, and $30 for pillow covers. That brings it to about $335. I am sure I put more into it, but in the end it was under $500 all said. So not too bad. I did re-purpose and reuse whenever possible, which saved me a lot of money and even more important, saves landfill space.